Sunday, May 19, 2019

Please Stop Calling the Islamic State ISIS

If I could petition the English speaking countries of the world to do one thing, please stop calling the Islamic State ISIS. I know it's pretty late in the game to make this request, but it's very offensive to me. You see, Isis is the name of my Goddess, who I have been officially worshiping since I was 16, in the year 2000, but have been drawn to since I was a small child, long before the Islamic State was in existence. 

President Obama was kind enough to use the name ISIL when referring to the terrorist organization, which I appreciated greatly,  but Trump is inconsiderate of the issue. I imagine the terrorists themselves also find it offensive being conflated with a pagan deity, but it is unfair to us peaceful Goddess worshippers.

I once on this blog site called the Islamic State by the term "daesh," which I heard was an insult to the Islamic State because it demoted them from a nation to a band of thugs, but the amount of attention I suddenly received from the US government, including President Obama,  who was in China at the time, and Russia, who had hacked this blog along with the other things they hacked in 2016, lead me to believe I was mistaken in the meaning of the word.

It is unfair that my Goddess's name has been hijacked; Isis is a goddess of love, motherhood, representing many of the same traits as the Virgin Mary. She and we her followers do not deserve such treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment